Monday, March 10, 2008

Happy Moments


Happy - Happy Moments


Okay although I know I probably stand no chance at all to win,
I thought I’d give it a shot.
Well, I do have spare time around me anyways. :D
So here’s my entry of what makes me happy,
And I never thought I’d say this but,
*politician face*

vote for me!

********************


They say money can buy you happiness,
Yeah, financial independence is something we all strive towards.
Hey, it is a pretty integral part in society.
But no it doesn’t.

They say getting the cutest chick/dude can make you happy,
Merely for showing off?

Popularity and peer pressure to “fit in” has been the latest trend,
And I tell you,
People these days are definitely in fashion.

I believe nobody can define happiness but us,
I believe we can make others happy too.


You cant buy “Happiness for Dummies” to define happiness (yes the book actually exist!) nor can you study happiness.

Happiness
If you’d asked me is something that makes you feel like your Cinderella, the bell of the ball and the king (or queen) of the world.

I could go on forever with the list of what makes me happy.

Family.
No question, period.


Awesome abs like Jessica Alba.
As embarrassing as it is, yes this would make me happy.
Nothing feels better than being comfortable in your skin isn’t it?
Which girl wouldn’t want a toned bikini body.
Guys, well, go figure.



Writing.
Besides my superbly ugly handwriting, I do enjoy writing. Finding the right words and learning new words gives me a specific thrill and pleasure.




Growing taller.
I would definitely kill to grow taller!
Although being 5’1 has it advantages. (sarcastic mode)
You know, like standing in the front row during photography sessions, not afraid of falling over the railings at Sunway Pyramid when watching people ice skate, easily finding places to hide under while playing “hide-and-seek”, not falling easily, well since you know, we have a lower gravitational force. (har-har)

Feeling tall.
Okay fine yes! I really wanna be tall !
You cant blame me for living in denial.



Panda.
My scruffy, messy, toy dog that loves the attention he gets everytime.
Pampered as he is, my dog never fails to welcome us home with a big ear to ear smile.

Sleepover and pillow talks.
You would be surprise with all the talking that happens and when we all pour all our hearts out.
It gives a great comfort knowing there’s people listening and that there’s people who care.
Or you can always laugh at how your friend sleeps the next morning. Hehe.



American Idol.
What can I say, im a faithful viewer. :D
David Archuleta!
Okay scratch that, David makes me happy.
Woohoo!

Browsing through home catalogs.
Suprising as it is, I do feel happy browsing through home catalogs!
Figuring which wall paint, furniture, curtains and bed that suits you can be real fun.
Infact I actually enjoy my trips to Ikea and furniture shopping.
I can already see my future house. haha

Good food.
My family is the type that doesn’t splurge on food ( I know how sad )
So having trips to fancy restaurants or fine dining can be a real big treat.
And of course giving me bigger appetite. :)




Sean Loo!
Nope, not just any guy!
And he can dam well beat any other guy for sure.
If you do not already know, my god brother never fails to make me squeal in delight like a baby hungry for candy



Girlfriends.
Occasionally, we go out so much that we feel abit too lesbo sometimes. Haha
But its okay, I still love every one of you.
Kay, Leona, Lillian, Lynette, Rachel, Siew Lee, Sueen & Tze Yin.
Thank you all so much. :)



Camwhoring.
Do I even need to elaborate?




Sound.
Just like any other average person, music, the art of instruments and reminiscing over the Spice Girls era is somewhat comforting.
Although I always complained about going to piano lessons I would never ever think the same again now.

To inspire.
Growing up I always felt like the black sheep or the ugly duckling among my peers. Honestly I did. Occasionally I still do.
Inspiring people makes me feel happy because I can be someone that they can relate to.



Sports.
That adrenaline rush and exhilarating after effect feeling you have after that contentment of running, playing tennis or basketball.
And of course feeling much much healthier and that satisfaction of burning all those deliciously yummy extra scoop of ice cream. :D

Blogging.
I can truly honestly say that blogging has been a big part in my daily routine.
Besides meeting new people, blog friends, and sharing what I do or enjoy to everyone who reads it, I sincerely think blogging has let me express my feelings and let my thoughts run.
It is the only place where I can let the fluidity of my mind wonder.
Although sometimes it may not be the best place to reveal everything but sometimes expressing metaphorically has been good enough to make me feel better.

I honestly can say I have too many things that would make me happy.
The term, nothing is ever enough to make us happy is strongly overrated, because yes all these little simple things are already good enough to make me happy. :)


Adapted from probably one of the best movies I ever watched,
The Pursuit of Happiness,

“Happiness is Nature’s main reward in life....It is what motivates the entire, seemingly infinite, range of human behavior, from the most primitive, animalistic survival urges to the most lofty of artistic and scientific achievements. It is the spark of life itself--the only thing that makes a thought worth thinking, a song worth singing, or even a meal worth eating. Happiness is the only thing that makes life worth living”


I know its probably a little too late to accumulate the votes,

So,
Come tolong me pleasey pleasey.

Click me :)


Happy - Happy Moments

No comments: